Charities play an important role in our local communities.
They provide support, advice, and guidance to those in need.
But the dedication and hard work of our local charities is often only recognised by the people they directly support and their families.
The wider community aren’t always aware of the great work that is being done by charities in the local area.
Leicester Giving Day sets out to change that.
The purpose of Leicester Giving Day
The first ever Leicester Giving Day was held on 18th November 2022, and was co-ordinated by Embark CSR.
The purpose of the day was for local businesses and schools to show their support for local charities and consider how they could do more in the Leicester community themselves.
Charities and social enterprises in the Leicester area were invited to explain and showcase the work that they do in the community. Charity hubs were set up throughout the city to help the charities demonstrate their work and the impact they deliver.
Local businesses and schools were encouraged to enable their staff and pupils to raise money for invited charities and volunteer their support where appropriate.
It was a truly amazing day that was rounded off by a Giving Day Gala at St Martin’s House and Conference Centre.
Social Responsibility Awards
A key part of the Giving Day Gala was the first ever Leicester Social Responsibility Awards.
There were four categories for the awards:
- Socially Responsible Business of the Year
- Business / Charity Partnership of the Year Award
- Innovation in Social Responsibility Award
- Social Responsibility Newcomer of the Year Award
Prior to the event, Embark CSR got in touch with Everything Branded to see if we were able to support by donating trophies for the winners.
We were proud to donate engraved globe shaped trophies for each of the winners, with the globe representing the positive impact that each winner has made on the world.
We really sad not to be able to attend the gala in person but waited excitedly to hear about the winners!
The winners were:
- Cambridge and Counties Bank (Socially Responsible Business of the Year), for their work supporting the National Space Centre’s community engagement programme.
- Shoe Zone and Young Leicestershire (Business & Charity Partnership of the Year) for their work supporting young people throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Bid Leicester and the Homelessness Charter (Innovation in Social Responsibility) for their fundraising efforts to help tackle homelessness in Leicester.
- Lindzi Mayann (Social Responsibility Newcomer of the Year) for her innovative approaches to helping people with ADHD in the local area..
looking forward to leicester giving day 2023!
The first ever Leicester Giving Day was a huge success, and helped raise the profile of the great work that charities and social enterprises deliver across the city.
Congratulations and credit needs to go to Chris, Stacey and the team at Embark CSR for co-ordinating such a great event that really did bring Leicester together for the day.
We’re proud to have been involved in a small way with the donation of trophies, but we hope to be more involved in Leicester Giving Day 2023!
more about embark
Embark CSR is a Leicester based CSR consultancy headed up by Chris Shaw and Stacey Wragg.
They specialise in helping businesses ‘connect purpose to profit’ and implement CSR strategies to deliver meaningful social, economic and environmental benefits to the wider community.
To find out more about the work they do, visit https://www.embarkcsr.co.uk/